Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday Collage - Wk 47







Nightingale






Got up this morning eager to put together this weeks Friday Collage. Knowing that my "main" sewing machine was acting up I decided to set up the other. It only took a few minutes to discover that it, too, was having problems. My husband tried to rescue me and attempted to fix the second machine. After about an hour he gave up and found the third machine in the house. I started working with the third machine (which was having a timing problem - it didn't want to go slow!) My dear spouse took the other two machines to my local Bernina store. He brought back the back up machine - seems it had "felt" caught in the shaft that drives the bobbin mechanism. It still needs a good cleaning but at least I have something that works!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this piece! The bamboo leaves are wonderful.

Sandra said...

You just can't have too many machines! Love the bird, he's great!

Anonymous said...

A very bright happy piece with great colors.

Anonymous said...

Love the Bird!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this one. You are very creative.

Micki said...

I love this piece, Kim.

Kim said...

Thanks everyone! Finding the bamboo fabric in my stash really made this piece work. When I look at this I think of the three sewing machines I used just to put it together - what a horrid day that was!