Thursday, December 07, 2006

Arty Meme Mail

I received two packages in the mail recently. I feel so honored! Wonderful pieces of artwork from two very talented artists.





Alis sent a little purse - just the perfect size for business cards! See more of her work at her etsy shop and at her website and Alis has a blog.





Anna also sent wearable art, a Pocket Bag made using silk carrier waste pods just large enough to hold a cell phone (mobile) or glasses - oddly enough two things I never leave home without! She also included some paper beads she made and some cord made by her friend Nicholle Mynett. More of Anna's art at her website and she has a blog as well.

With all the craziness in the world, it's these simple acts - strangers sending artwork to each other that lift my spirits and re-affirm just how good life is!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the artwork on your blog.
It's beautiful.
I want to add more to my blog.
It's nice to write the words, but art and photos can clearly enhance the words.
I'm young and new to blogging.
Even I can't find interesting things to write everyday.
But it feels good to say what's on my mind in a way that is understood by the reader.
You have the gift.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Both of these are beautiful!

arlee said...

Lucky lucky girl! Those are gorgeous! I'm thinking this Artshare thingie is the best in a long time! Can't wait to send off and receive mine!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Gorgeous bags.