Thursday, October 25, 2007

Weekly collages - wk42 & wk43

wk42 - No Trash Stew

This last week the North Pacific Gyre made the news - the floating mass of garbage known as the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, purported to be about twice the size of Texas, seems to be growing. Where it use to "biodegrade", now it's accumulating a lot of plastic, some estimates as high as eighty percent. I considered sewing on a heap of plastic on No Trash Stew but decided, instead, to think about ways to eliminate how much plastic I use and be more aware of what I throw away.




wk43 - Wildfire

Thankfully, weaker winds and lower temperature have helped the firefighters gain the upper hand in battling nearly all the California wildfires.

Be safe!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

I really like your wildfire piece!

Midge said...

Sorry, kiddo, I tagged you. Please do not feel obligated.

McIrish Annie said...

Beautiful pieces with timely and relevant themes. Love your work!!

Helen in the UK said...

Love your collages - the trash one is particularly thought provoking :)

Dianne said...

Great pieces - the wldfire piece is very effective!!

Granny Fran said...

It may be trash but it is beautiful. Remember when we were all being told to pick the plastic bags over paper at the grocery store?!! I see white plastic bags hanging on the plants on the prairie all the time, it makes me sick.