Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Weekly Collage

wk15-08

I walked into the studio with a let's-see-what-happens approach and found I was much happier with this weekly. It's still on the dark side but has punches of color.

Living consciously...

Hendricks suggests lightening up, don't be a perfectionist which often means reserving joy for the perfect outcome that may never come. Instead, have fun and enjoy what you are doing. For practice, acknowledge that I'm not perfect; I'm fully human and fully flawed. I allow myself to make plenty mistakes and learn from my experiences.

Oh, where to start...
First, I think I've finally figured out why I have such an issue with Hendricks use of the word "fun." The Jan 1st practice he urged the reader toward this resolution: This year, I commit to living consciously, and I commit to having fun as I do. I commit to expanding my consciousness and my capacity for fun every minute of this year. I know I have my own issues with the word but I also feel that his approach is a little condescending.

I feel like I am awakening to a new state of consciousness and becoming more aware of living life in the present moment. I don't think I'd call it "fun" but I am beginning to sense a freedom and joy - not every minute but, it is starting to grow.

Yep, I'm not perfect and I'm learning from my experiences. But, I'll leave the "fully human, fully flawed... mistakes" out of my thinking and focus instead on being whole.


1 comment:

jenclair said...

I love the punches of color! Love the colors and the contrast.

I allow myself to make plenty of mistakes, but I don't always learn from my experience!