Thursday, May 08, 2008

Shop Therapy




I don't do it very often but today I felt the need to do a little shop therapy. I had some birthday money and decided to buy these Le Cadeaux melamine dishes. I decided to make the salad plate plain yellow and the bowl and dinner plate in the Provence Rooster (Coq) Chicken design. After I got home I strongly suggested to my husband that a wonderful Mother's Day gift might include a couple of extra place settings or some matching serving pieces.

I've been looking for party dishes for outdoor dining for some time now. Finding them was just what I needed to lift my spirits. I talked with a dear friend this morning who called to cancel her visit next week. She has bronchitis and can't make the trip. We are both gutted but her getting better is what's important. We'll plan another time and I'll be ready with my party dishes!

Living consciously...

As if we could kill time without injuring eternity! -- Henry David Thoreau

Yep, love this quotation. I figured the rest of the reading for the day didn't matter but it was fairly powerful -- Take a moment and clarify your life's purpose. Sure: make the bed; start a load of laundry; clarify life's purpose... check, check, and hello.

Hendricks writes, Life is about drifting from your purpose, then catching the drift and getting back on track. While I've been clear about different roles and/or functions in my life, I haven't felt a specific purpose to my life other than my 'Ease on down the Road' theme to live, love, learn and leave a legacy that I unabashedly borrowed from The Wiz and Stephen R. Covey.
I think the only thing I'd add while I'm pursuing "Go Be Do" is to be more aware and present in the moment.

Check.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I love chicken and rooster patterns.