Monday, July 28, 2008

Still

My daughter came into the studio today and asked what I was doing. She stared at all the fabric scraps and I'm sure she was think that I had lost my mind. She was tactful - "This is going to take a long time, huh?" but I think inside she was screaming "WHY?" I'm still plodding along and yes, it not going very fast.

A YouTube diversion...

Acrylic transfers (part 1 and part 2)
Image transfers (part 1 and part 2)

...something to try once I get the studio back in order!

Living consciously...

The practice: I commit to receiving feedback with gratitude and enthusiasm.

I'll admit when I was (much)younger, I didn't know how to accept praise very well. I don't know if it was insecurity or immaturity but a teacher/mentor told me that I just needed to learn to say "Thank you" with gratitude and respect. With negative feedback, I learned to look for the kernel of truth in it and let the rest just roll off me.

2 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

I have been away from bloglines for about a week and finally am catching up with you..

Congrats on your 25th! We had ours in February. The roller coaster ride continues :)

your hubby's picture- Young Al Pacino! lucky girl.

your doll, absolutely beautiful, you did a great job!

the TIF 50+ charms a super idea!

the scrap situation- i began the quiltville management system some time ago. I am good about cutting up odd pieces at the end of a project and putting them in the marked containers and have made a number of "crumb" blocks for charity quilts. still have two large, no enormous, containers of scraps to go through,( don't see that happening very soon) but since I too will live to be 100,I guess I have time! LOL

Kim said...

annie - Thanks and here's to high and lows.
Hoo-ha!
Playing with dolls at 56... I'm beginning to remind myself of my grandmother.
It will take me probably all of August to get the charms on the piece.

And finally, I think I've almost conquered the scrap. I've piles of squares, rectangles, strips, and crumbs. Now I need to come up with a way to contain them so that they stay in relative order but are accessible. I'm thinking a trip to The Container Store. I like the idea of making up crumb blocks -- might be a good warm up exercise when I'm not feeling inspired!