Monday, October 20, 2008

slowly branching out

I've decided that when I try to add new activities to my schedule it takes me some to adjust to getting all the things I want to do done. I made soup, read, knitted, did my daily journal and crossword (too easy) but didn't make it to the studio. Change happens in baby steps.

Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights. ~ Pauline R. Kezer





Living consciously...

The practice today, every hour ask: How is my mood affecting how I see the world right now?

In general, I like Mondays. I have the morning to myself and am engaged with routines and rituals that get me moving and set the tone for the week - I'm both relaxed and energized. Sometimes, my challenge is learning to identify my mood, put a label on it, and determine if it's trending positive or negative. When I'm irritable or in an apathetic funk, I know I don't "see" the world right -- but a cozy-comfort mood, which might be good, can leave me little lazy.

No comments: