Sunday, November 22, 2009

now to the future

wk 49-09

I was in one of those hurry-up-and-get-it-done modes when I started and finished this piece. I've spent the last month trying to get caught up that in my zeal this evening I overshot and ending up doing a future piece. Fudge buckets, it's not like it really matters, I just want the finish the year having met my goal of "doing" a piece every week. (Oh, the games I play with myself.) Anyways... this is ghil (now) in the Tifinagh script - clearly, an abstract interpretation.


Rambling on...

Originally I had planned to make a paper-pieced quilt block using the Tifinagh script. I like the fact that Tifinagh is used mostly for decoration or love letters. I thought it would be fun to come up with a series of blocks that would convey a special message to the recipient of a quilt. In my sketchbook I played with the words for now, lips, eye, and winter.

No comments: