It's a new year! I survived the multiple Blue Moon cocktails that I had last night and still managed to function today. My only regret is that there wasn't any left over pork shoulder.
It was decadently delicious - especially the reduction that I made from the sauce that the pork braised in. The recipe is from Braise: A Journey Through International Cuisine by Daniel Boulud and I will be making it again - and again!
A good part of today was spent getting the bookcases and books back into the office. It was so nice to see surfaces in the studio reappear... ah, be still my heart! I did complete the last doodles in the 2009 calendar but didn't get the chance to buy a new calendar for my MMX doodles.
I did get a chance to work on my 2010 goals or maybe they are "intentions" - whatever, it's kind of a road map of what I want to do during this next year. I'm planning to commit to four hours per day in the studio, working on the following:
- Weeklies - Yearly theme: MORE, with Monthly sub-themes: Look, Laugh, Listen, Leap, Luck, Lavish, Linger, Live, Love, Learn, Legacy (1 per week, 53 total for the year)
- Monthly knitting project - TBD (12 completed by year end)
- Interpret This! - Year-ling challenge to interpret a photograph using thread and fabric (1 per month)
- Gift quilts for family: for Christmas (approx. 7) and one for my parents'60th Wedding Anniversary
- Doodle calendar - daily
- Photograph - daily... with 6 word story (maybe)
- Sketchbook - daily... or 4 to 7 times per week
- Block a day...
- SkybellArts Blog - daily... or 4 to 7 times per week
- TBD monthly project exploring/expanding my artistic creativity
- Do Nothing (20 min per day)
- WWW (20 min per day)
- Piano and violin (20 min each per day)
- Read for pleasure and read for knowledge (20 min each per day)
- Treadmill (40 min per day)
- NYTimes Crossword and Sudoku (4o min per day)
- Monthly project (40 min per day) exploring/expanding my intellectual/political/philosophical/scientific creativity