Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday Collage!



It is Friday. I am relieved to have the collage for this week and the four delinquent cohorts for the month of June finished. The theme for the month was "tarot cards" and I wasn't particularly inspired. At the beginning of the month, after doing a little reading, I selected the five major arcana that I was going to work on: Magician, Chariot, Justice, Death, and The Star. I planned to keep the palette simple, the symbolism to a minimum and include the corresponding letter of the Hebrew alphabet.


As always each piece is 8.5" x 11" and these have been finished with white Knit-Cro-Sheen around the perimeter.

I still don't know a lot about Tarot cards. What I read made sense. There was an intuitive rightness about it (if that makes any sense?) July's theme is "Abstract" - now that is something I can relate to! I've been wanting to play with Tyvek which should be a good medium for July's theme.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

everything you do is so wonderful and I especially enthralled by these...for the sunday school opening, a couple of years ago, we spent year exploring the letters in the hebrew alphabet....it was an amazing learning experience and we only scratched the surface....the kids really got into it and many of them still today can recite that alphabet ...so thanks for sharing these they are great...Ginger