Thursday, July 27, 2006

Friday Collage - Wk30


I looked for every opportunity to delay starting this piece but once I did start it fell together nicely. Third Space includes a little bit of everything: piecing, fusing, colored pencils and fabric markers. I had fun, which is always important! My only regret is that it took longer than I planned - I did more machine quilting on it than I thought I would but I did resist adding beads to it!

I believe have a better appreciation for "Cubism" - it opened the door to contemporary art and the invention of the collage. I prefer Georges Braque's work maybe because I was influenced by a quote attributed to him - "senses deform and the spirit forms". The BBC's website for kids has a nice "how to" on cubism.

The theme for next month's collages is Still Life. Okay... why did I immediately think of a wine bottle and an empty glass?

4 comments:

jenclair said...

Love this one, Kim. Colors, content, and cubes!

Deb Hardman said...

I love this as much as I love that first sip of my strong coffee in the morning. Heavenly!

Emmy said...

This is a lovely quilt you make every quilt so diverent It is amazing cant wait to see the next one

Elle said...

Very cool! I like it!