Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Collage - Wk31

Fruits & Zucchini is my first Still Life collage for August. A few months ago I was working through the exercises in Color and Composition for the Creative Quilter(KatiePM and Brett Barker) and I created a quite a few samples from these exercises that have been sitting around gathering dust. Since I find it hard to throw anything away, I decided to try and use these samples in future projects. I remembered working on the exercise - it was fun and spontaneous. We (myself and two friends) set up a simple still life: half an apple, a papaya, and a zucchini. The shapes were cut free hand from some hand-dyed fabrics (I do love the fabric for the zucchini) and fused in place.
I tired to be just as spontaneous while quilting the piece this afternoon.

No comments: