Monday, February 12, 2007

in the Pink



Discipline and attention to detail is clearly the focus for me this year for the 12x12x12 Challenge, as I continue with the blocks from the "Dear Jane®" project. The signature block (aka Field of Dreams) was simple. For both Dad's Plaid and Mirror Image, I used freezer paper - what I have left on the roll must be at least fifteen years old... it's good to know that it never goes bad! I have to admit I do not "feel" comfortable with hand appliqué. I want to make my stitches like the sewing machine but rationally I know that they won't fall apart if they aren't exact! I ended up with an eight of an inch seam allowance on the Paddle Wheel block (I think I masked the error pretty well!) When I first selected the pink Asian print I was skeptical about how well I would like it but now I feel pretty comfortable with the block. (Two down, ten to go!) - Check out what others are doing 12x12x12 Challenge with the Quilt Studio Group.



Our local Youth Symphony is having their annual fund raiser and asked artist in town to donate art to the cause. We were given a simple white mask and a foot long wooden dowel. Procrastination and illness slowed me down in January, but this weekend I finally got them done! I managed to eke out one more project featuring "Irises" - hopefully I'm done with them now. My daughter suggested that the other one be pink and yellow. It's a bit bright.

14 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Kim, I love your masks, especially the iris one, it's brilliant.

McIrish Annie said...

Kim, DJ blocks are definitely challenging and the asian fabric looks beautiful.. keep up the good work.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Those masks are great and your blocks are looking wonderful too.

Anonymous said...

Love the masks! You rDJ blocks came out beautifully. I really like the look in the Asian print fabric.

Micki said...

The masks are great. So are the DJ blocks.

crazyQstitcher said...

Beautiful masks and what a lot of work involved in making them. The iris is my favourite

arlee said...

Very kewl masks!

Deb Hardman said...

Wow, Dear Jane, that's Ambitious!
Good luck!I love the pink! Love both masks too!

Anonymous said...

Love the masks--especially the iris mask.

Sarah said...

Beautifully done! I'm working on a set of DJs too! Your masks are great too girl! Wow, you're busy!

Dianne said...

The 12x12x12 quilt is looking fantastic - love the fabric. Those masks are great - I love the pink one!!

laura west kong said...

Wonderful masks! What a unique fundraiser, and what a great way to collect art and help a good cause.

Samantha said...

Beautiful masks! Love the pink project as well...

金瓜米粉Jason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.