Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Friday Collage (Catching up AGAIN!) Wk18-21




ISM




The theme for May's Collages was Social Issues. For Wk18, I chose a few of the "isms" that still bubble up - Age, Race and Sex.












Homelessness



For Wk19, I moved onto homelessness and how we walk right by it













CO2


My daughter walked by and asked - "What's with the bow?" I really wasn't sure why I added it and then I said "It's a gift we're leaving for the future generation... Global warming." (Wk 20)













Political Games

And finally for Wk21... I get so frustrated with the games our politician play - we've a hot bed of issues and I thought tic-tac-toe (a game that doesn't require much skill, is dependent on who goes first, and usually ends in a draw) reflects what the Dems & Reps are doing.



The theme for June's Collages is World Travels. aaahhh... maybe next year I'll travel... this week Hubby and I are slipping down to Ashland to see some plays (really looking forward to this mini vacation.)

11 comments:

Angela said...

Your collages are great Kim. Your homeless one is very powerful.

McIrish Annie said...

Wow Kim!! I love how you captured the social issues. Each one really spoke to me, especially Global Warming. Not a very nice present to leave to our children and grandchildren.

Keep up the great work@!

Rhonda said...

I love your collages. Great job!

Micki said...

Great to have you back at what you do so well. These are very powerful pieces.

Dianne said...

Welcome back Kim!! Your collages are wonderful - I agree with Angela on the homeless one - it does leave a powerful message.

Sandra said...

Very interesting, and each so unique! The homeless one speaks to me the most.
World Travels should be a nice, light change...

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

19 is my favorite. Such a touching message--and so true, unfortunately.

Granny Fran said...

Fantastic collages, as always. I miss them when you don't post. I'm amazed at the diverse designs you come up with. That homeless one should be on a poster for everyone to see.

Samantha said...

These are quite fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

Momo said...

Great work! Thank you for sharing!

Miriam said...

love your quilts and especially your profile one!