Friday, November 23, 2007

Fridge Friday

Fridge Friday 4Fridge Friday #4

The weekend before my daughter's graduation from High School just as all the relatives were arriving my refrigerator died. So, in the midst of all the festivities I was looking at refrigerators. Finally found one I liked - never even thought about all the magnets that had "adorned" the now dead refrigerator. When the new refrigerator was put in place I discovered that the magnets didn't stick. I'm really okay with it. I like the clean, uncluttered look. My husband, on the otherhand is still adjusting... so, on the side of the fridge, there is an area for a few select magnets. It's a little magnet graveyard. "We" are holding onto them if hopes that someday they find a new useful home.

3 comments:

Donna said...

don't know if you're interested, but I've seen magnetic paint -- you simply slop it on to an area that you want to use magnets, and there's little bits of metal suspended in the paint -- turning the surface into one useful for magnets!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine having a fridge not covered with magnets. I'm glad you told us about this. When we are ready to buy a fridge we will make sure it's one that is magnetic. My girls are at the alphabet letter stage. You can tell how tall they can reach by how high the letters go. It has been fun to watch the letters climb the fridge. I wish I had pictures of it from the past couple of years to show their growth.

Geggie said...

I love the new fridge. My mom's has the same problem. Dang it.