Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Getting to Done
























One more thing to check off the list! This is a seven inch square piece for Carol - her theme was "Symptuous Surfaces." I did a front and back (or is it a back and front?!?)



With the year drawing almost over, I've only three more weeklies to finish. I've already sketched some ideas and have a rough idea how I'm going to work on the pieces. Things seem to be going so smoothly that it feels odd to me... but I'm not complaining!


Fortnight Day 5




Tonight I decided to give my husband a deck of "Sushi" playing cards. We've been unable to get together for coffee these last two days but hopefully we'll sit down this evening and play some Gin. (Since he likes sushi so much maybe these will bring him luck!)

If I know what love is,
It is because of you.
~ by Herman Hesse ~

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~




5 comments:

Donna said...

those surfaces really are very sumptious looking! Well done.

sophie said...

The pieces are great . . . and I love the quotes.

Carol said...

oH oH oH HOW EXCITING, i LOVE IT KIM, I can't wait to get my mits on it . thanks so much

Françoise said...

Oh, lovely! Very sumptuous.

Dianne said...

These are great and yes, very sumptuous!!