Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Last Night of Hanukkah


What a busy day! But at day's end we're all home to celebrate the last night of Hanukkah. I made latkes and Spinach Ricotta Pie. Everyone loved the latkes and we didn't have any leftover. It was a simple recipe. I left the potato skins on and grated them using the Cuisinart.









Fortnight Day 4







I called my husband with the intention of kidnapping him for an afternoon coffee, giving him his gift and card. The "gong" is for his desk at work... it says something about "for the executive who demands attention." Well, his work demanded his attention today - too many meetings meant no time for me :-(



Thoughts for the Fortnight

Love doesn't make the world go round,
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
~ by Elizabeth Browning ~

Love is that condition in which
The happiness of another person
Is essential to your own.
~ by Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land ~


3 comments:

India said...

What a cool menorah.

Geggie said...

Love the menorah! Beautiful!

jenclair said...

Oh, those latkes look delicious. Checked the recipe and ended up planning to make the Cheesy Potato Kugel sometime soon...mmmm, I love potatoes.

I know what you mean about the kidnapping! I could not even plan to take him out to the movies because of his busy and erratic schedule.