Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday, Monday

I've decided to play along each Monday and answer the three questions for Manic Monday :

#1. Every year I tell myself I am going to be more organized: I'm going to make Christmas gifts; buy gifts throughout the year; and not get all caught up in the last minute shopping frenzy. Hmmm. I have my packages ready to ship out of state and will mail them tomorrow. I've bought a few little things, stocking-stuffers, for local friends and family. I'm thinking an hour with Amazon ought to take care of the last of the must buys and baking during the next couple of weeks should complete the season's gifts.
#2. When I was twelve or so I use to write out my initials KC as Casey. Recently I saw a the name Kase (pronounced like "case"), I'd prefer that now over Casey but I'm sticking with Kim!
#3. I'm a big believer in setting my expectations high. I like the challenge. I find it really motivating. I'm also not afraid to fail or not reach the goal... I can always pick myself up and try again.


Well, tis' the season: last year there was Elf Yourself; this year (what else?) Scrooge Yourself.

Fortnight Day 3:


Tomorrow my youngest daughter arrives by train from Seattle and she'll be home for three and a half weeks. While I'm looking forward to having her home, this will be the last night my husband and I will have the house to ourselves for a while. He plays racquetball until 9pm and as is his usual custom he'll go for a soak in the hot tub after he gets home. I usually don't join him... I get too hot and sometimes that has triggered a migraine. But tonight, my gift to him, a hot tub idyll.


Thoughts for the Fortnight:

A heart that loves is always young.
~ by A Greek Proverb ~

To get the full value of joy
You must have someone to divide it with.
~ by Mark Twain ~


No comments: