Sunday, December 09, 2007

December Journal Quilt

Dec07 JQ - Poinsettia





I'm done! I finished my 2007 Journal Quilts celebrating the birth month flowers. I had considered doing a plaid poinsettia but when I went to gather fabric I was drawn to these blues. I'm very happy... mostly to be done with 2007!!!






Fortnight: Day 2





For this second night, my plan was to tell my husband "Ten reasons I fell in love with you." He was suppose to go on a bike ride this morning giving me time to work. It was cold, briefly snowed, we got caught up in a football game. He never did get out to ride his bike. When he finally left to go get some groceries, I rushed to the studio and made a pouch for eyeglasses (now that we are both leaving reading glasses around the house!) For the 10 reasons, I decided to list attributes of his. I used the phrase, High and low as a prompt from H (humor, honesty, humanity) to W (wise-cracks, warmth, wayward story-telling.)


I also included the following Thoughts for the Fortnight:

Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.
(Hamlet, 2.2.123-6)

When you love someone, all your saved-up wishes start coming out.
~ by Elizabeth Bowen (1899-1973) ~


5 comments:

Françoise said...

Oh.. blue... I love it.

Dianne said...

Congratulations on completing your year of Journal Quilts. I love this one - you "do" flowers beautifully. It's so nice to hear about your love for your husband - I know I don't say it often enough.

Donna said...

the blue is wonderful for the poinsettia! I'd almost get one if they could find a way of doing that in real life!!:-)

Sarah said...

Beautiful job on your journals! I really like the blue for the poinsettia!

DebbyMc said...

LOVE it!! A beautiful year you've shared with us =-)