Sunday, December 02, 2007

Ho, ho, ho!

The weather was and continues to be horrid today. It seems the combination of two decaying typhoons, Mitag and Hagibis, along with the cold air from Asia moving over the warm water of Kuroshio Current is resulting in the Pacific Northwest getting pelted with rain and wind. This kind of extratropical cyclone comes around once every five to ten years. So, of course, I went shopping! Yes, a friend and I drove 90 miles north to pick up four Janome Xpression embellishers.

Big winds and lots of rain...

will result in power outages and flooding - just a fact of life from time to time in Oregon. My husband did call while we were shopping to tell me not to hurry home as there was no power at the house. I did manage to find some lovely wool roving and some copper fusible angelina fiber. We have power tonight but the machine is still in the box. I'm hoping that the next storm that is suppose to hit tomorrow morning doesn't knock out the power. I do so want to sit and play!

2 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Yay, Merry Christmas huh? Well hopefully your power will stay on so you can play.

Donna said...

hope you picked up a surge protector to go with the sparkling new machine :-)