Monday, December 03, 2007

Waiting Game




I've too many things to do around the house so, I'm practicing "delaying gratification." The Janome will just have to stay in the box until I make headway on some of the other things on the list. This has to count as some sort of virtue-building, noble-like thing, doesn't it?


All I can do now is wait.

While I was chopping vegetables this morning, it was eerily calm outside. The winds that kept me awake during the night had quieted and the rain was gentle. My husband had asked this weekend if I'd make the lentil soup again (sopa den lentejas), said he'd even go to the store and get the ingredients while I took my road trip to pick up my Janome. Sounded good to me! (One of my favorite past times is avoiding the grocery store.) Now that I have everything packed into the crockpot, plugged in and set on high, the winds have picked up and the rain is started to come in horizontally. It's been, at least twenty years since I've used the crockpot. I guess I'll find out in the next fifteen or so minutes if it even works (the thing doesn't have an indicator light or anything that would give me a clue that the power is actually getting to the pot.) So, I'm waiting. And with this weather I'm wondering how long I'll have power.

2 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

Oh boy! once you open that box, you are not going to do anything else! I got my Baby Lock almost a year ago and I use it all the time.

I have to comment on your commitment to the weekly journal pages and having a theme and everything for 2008 already set out! You are far more disciplined than I. I have truly enjoyed your weekly 2007 journals and hope that you continue to share them on your blog!

Can't wait to see what you do with that embellisher.

DebbyMc said...

Haha! I had the avocado green version of that crock pot...I got a new one a couple of years ago...but only because I was tired after 30 years of looking at the green one...it still worked...How was the soup? I haven't had a chance to try it yet but the recipe is on my desk waiting for me...Stay warm=-)