Wednesday, December 05, 2007

a picture's worth... 14 questions?



This was one of THOSE days - Racing around doing odd errands/chores and I have nothing to show for it. The most exciting part of the day was going to the yarn shop and buying some roving: brown, black and a grab bag of assorted curly greens and oranges! I was also able to finally go by the library and relieve the guilt I was feeling. I had a new book out for a week beyond it's fourteen day 'rental'... paid my fine of 80 cents.

I'm continuing to work on my 2008 goals. Wondering what to do for my twelve monthly Journal Quilts for next year when I stumbled upon SharonB's Take it Further Challenge. Perfect! I signed up. (I failed miserably with TAST - it'll probably take me until the end of 2008 to finish the challenge... but finish I will!)

Two books I ordered from Amazon arrived late this afternoon. The New Creative Artist by Nita Leland - I can't wait to start working through the activities.

I also got A Year of Living Consciously by Gay Hendricks. Yep, it's one of those psychology/self-help books. This one has "365 Inspirations for Creating a Life of Passion and Purpose" according to the subtitle. I figure that if the only thing I do everyday next year is wake up and say "Live consciously!" I'll have a wonderful year. Each day the book offers: a quote; a simple paragraph reflecting a vital element in a conscious life; and a daily conscious living practice suggestion.

And now, for a little fun, I decide to play the "image meme" I saw on QuiltnBee's blog.

It involves answering a series of questions...

and then typing the response into Google image search. Next you choose an image from the first page of the results for each answer and post it. I've been wanting to learn more about Photoshop, so I compiled all the photos together. (...slowly learning photoshop)
Here are the questions and my answers:
1. How old will you be on your next birthday? 56
2. A place to visit? Scotland's Northern Lights
3. One of my favorite places? Bath UK... then the hot tub!
4. Favorite object? Chihuly Art Glass
5. Favorite Food? Chocolate... it's a food, right?
6. Favorite Animal? Male...
7. Favorite Color? Rust
8. Name of past pet? Pistashio, my cat who died at 17, her nickname "Stash"
9. Where you live? Oregon
10. 1st grade teacher? Sister Mary "something"...
11. Middle name? Ann
12. Bad habit? Obsessing
13. College Major? Math
14. Favorite Holiday? Happy (ones!)

That's all folks!

2 comments:

Deb Geyer said...

You don't seem like a math major...
You should have been in the fiber arts department!!

jenclair said...

Both books sound good, and I hope to hear more about them in future posts. I think making a commitment to wake up each day and saying, "Live consciously!" is a great idea!