Thursday, January 31, 2008

Weekly Collage

wk05-08

The theme for the five weekly pieces this month is Gratitude. I began by brainstorming some of the things that always end up on my gratitude lists: Family, Friends, Food - I even wrote down Fun! That was enough to get me started. I'm still working on doing fast abstracts so I made three quick "F" blocks, adding some fabric to connect them and stitched until it felt right.

I'm still trying to accept that January is over. I have a few things on my list that I need to finish but I'm determined that I'll get most of them done before the SuperBowl party on Sunday. Are you ready for some football?

Living consciously...

The "hard knocks" of life are often powerful motivators, being forced to take action sometimes requires a push. I think the harder challenge is learning how to be more proactive in managing life: pursuing dreams, making decisions, blazing a new path. A key question for me during this next month - "Are there dreams I'm putting off and decision I need to make?"

3 comments:

Françoise said...

Lovely collage. I like the design and the warm colours.

Alis Clair said...

Love the F quilt Kim. The colours are lovely and warm and adds to the feeling of gratitude.

Debra Dixon said...

Whole books have been written on pursuing dreams. . . .I'm much closer to mine than previous years. Winning in the Hoffman Challenge was a huge step in the right direction for me.