Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Weekly Collage

wk08-08






My weekly collage for last week expresses my gratitude for "flowers" and in this case my hope that they'll be coming soon to my backyard! I was thinking about the African Daisies, Black-eyed Susans and White Daisies that grow along the fence. Right now they are over-winter stubs sticking out of the damp ground.




I made a quick card for Thing-a-day... stitched the petals with the sewing machine and added some details with colored pencils.





Living consciously...

To often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - John F. Kennedy

I often find myself in the same conflict with my husband over and over. Today's practice asks: I wonder what this conflict is about for me since, I need to be in it again and again?

hmmm?!?

3 comments:

Digitalgran said...

Hi Kim. Your collage expressing gratitude for flowers is one of the most touching and beautiful idea I have ever seen on the Internet.

jenclair said...

I like this, too. A reminder that not ever "thing-a-day" must be fabric!

jenclair said...

Oh, and the weekly collage...I love all the earth tones that dominate your collage garden --a prophecy of things to come. My garden is much like this as well, but the flowers will soon rise from the winter beds.