Monday, March 03, 2008

beading and knitting

A very quiet Monday. Putting some beads on a small piece and doing some knitting.

I logged on Oprah's webcast of Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth and after thirty-five minutes everything stopped. I wonder if three-quarters of a million viewers in 120 plus countries had anything to do with that?


Living consciously...

The first step in creating miracles, according to Hendricks, is by looking and seeing. Yep. I got that. But today's practice was to practice reading feelings on the face of other by asking "I notice something in your expression." Oh, Lord. Most of the people I know, if they heard me say that would wonder what was wrong with me.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I really enjoy your commentary on the daily living consciously exercises. I have to totall agree with you today. I suppose laughter is good for the soul so I tried to imagine saying that line to one of my brothers, then my husband, then my friends and then my Mom. The imagined responses were all the same "Are you on something?" LOL!

Unknown said...

Yep, my broadcast started skipping and then stopped completely also, very disappointed, I had all my notes laid out and was ready to be part of something big (sigh).

The site started giving me a 'we're having technical difficulties - come back tomorrow" message, so I guess I'll watch the podcast...

jenclair said...

Did you join Oprah's class? I've thought about it, and really do want to read the book, but I'm not that eager to the live thing. A re-run would do for me.

:) I really don't want people saying that to me! Sometimes my expression is because I can't read a tag, or a sign, or whatever without my glasses... Not an expression I'm happy about, but there it is, another face crime.

Kay said...

Actually, I say something like this to my husband sometimes. It's not a good idea, both because of the response, and sometimes you don't really want to think about what the other person MAY be thinking, if you know what I mean.