Saturday, March 01, 2008

March TIFC - Day One




I feel a little like The Jerk's Navin R. Johnson (Steve Martin) as he ran excitedly about saying "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"
Plum, purple, pale & dark green, and let's say a deep charcoal gray... or is it...
Maroon, orchid, khaki, pale green, and dark gray... whatever they'll do!

I love the brevity of the theme - "...pay attention to the tiny details. Sometimes the small things become emblematic for something larger." I do believe that this is going to be fun!!!

I started this post this afternoon before I went to the movies with friends. At breakfast on Friday we made plans to see The Savages at 4:30pm on Saturday. I like Laura Linney and Philip Seymour Hoffman. We had heard the theme dealt with Alzheimers but it was also a comedy. We had planned to go out to dinner after the movie but as we left the theater, general consensus was to go somewhere where there was a good bar, food was secondary. While there were comedic moments, it was not a comedy and stark reality of familial responsibility in caring for an aging parent hit us all pretty hard. It was a good movie, very well done.

Living consciously...

Sometimes we see people only in a way that reinforces our own perceptions. I know I'm guilty of that at times. An argument can begin just by asking "Are you mad at me?" If I perceive my husband is mad and he doesn't reinforce my belief we might bicker over that and, of course, if he does agree...

Hendricks offer this: Your intentions create the miracle. He argues that if you truly intend to notice and wonder and create an open environment for communication you will begin to move in the direction to create that miracle.

I'm trying not to get hung up on the "intend" word. I've lived too long with the belief that intent doesn't get the job done, actions do.

No comments: