Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Weekly Collage

wk11-08

I seem to be struggling with the theme of Simplicity this month. My attempt for this week was to present 'austerity in embellishment' by hand sewing on three yo-yo's on a heavily stitched background. After I was done, I put it up on the design wall and just stared. Nothing. Thought about just starting over, doing something else... no, this is what it is.

I broke down and ordered some things from Amazon that arrived today. Stuff isn't suppose to make one happy, but I'm a little giddy about the new things. After listening to NPR's Weekend Edition last Saturday morning I had buy Melody Gardot's CD Worrisome Heart. Listening to sultry jazz, very nice. I also got two new cookbooks: Artisan Bread in Five Minutes by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois (their website); and I also got Cook with Jamie by Jamie Oliver - I love the fact that the money made from the sales of the book goes to the Fifteen Foundation.

And finally, Across the Universe - my husband usually buys the DVD's but me this time - goo goo g'joob.

Living consciously...

In my readings today it was suggested that essential problem of conscious living is resisting love and positive energy and the solution is to make the commitment to be more open to positive energy. "I choose the daily increase of love and positive energy as a central focus in my life."

My first though - geez, imagine if it were that simple.

I don't that's my essential problem. 'Resisting' seems to me to be too strong a word. I'd be more inclined to use 'accepting.' I'm not sure what he means by 'positive energy.' He seemed to imply it's places we haven't been before and so the challenge will be difficult. I tend to be more optimistic and the lessons I've learned in life have been working pretty good for me. Maybe I just getting hung up in the words and I should just practice breathing.

1 comment:

Deb Geyer said...

I put Artisan bread on hold at the library about a month ago. I'm finally down to second in line!! It shouldn't be long now.