Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekly Collage

wk11-08

Thinking about the theme of "simplicity" for this month's collages, I wanted to do something that was really simple so I decided to use only black and white fabric. After I sewed the pieces together and looked at it, I couldn't help but stitch in a zebra. I think I still kept it simple.

It's nice to have the weekly out of the way early this week. At a minimum, I still have two journal quilts, TIFC, and a pair of socks to finish. With my youngest coming home from college for Spring Break I'm trying to get as much done as possible during the next couple of days.


I started my boule dough from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day tonight. In the last hour it has doubled in size and still has an hour to go. According to the book I'll be able to keep the dough in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to fresh baked bread with soup and later this week paninis.

Living consciously...

An interesting practice today: observe the ways you shape and shade the pure truth.

An example of this is eating when you're not hungry. Getting caught up in social eating or behaving a certain way in a social setting (just to be nice.) What motivates these moments of withholding the truth? I observed someone get up and walk out of a bad movie once and was struck with an admiration for their audacity. I thought that if I was alone I'd leave a movie I wasn't enjoying but if I were with friends I'd stay and tolerate it.

3 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Great zebra Kim! Mmmmm, that bread sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I noticed you talked about aprons in a previous entry, if you love aprons, you should check out flirtyaprons.com, they are so cute and so fun! They are coming out with some cute little girl aprons to match next month! Just thought you might want to check it out :)

jenclair said...

What a great ghostly zebra! He is so much fainter than the bold white bits, but he draws your attention immediately.

Shaping and shading the truth...an interesting concept to ponder.