Saturday, April 12, 2008

T-I-double-guh-err



The things on the list just didn't happen today. It was beautiful outside. I think it got into the low 80's - nearly a heat wave in Oregon - but it was a lovely day.

Living consciously...

I knew this would happen. For the practice today, I'm suppose to take the personas I identified two days ago and identify internal and external rewards that I receive from those personas. I feel a little like the student who was suppose to write the outline before they wrote the paper and now I have to go back and write the outline.

I'm trying to not identify with roles and trying to be more aware when I slip into a role. I did wrestle some with the being too wrapped up in the adult role, especially when I think how I recoil from the word "fun." I spent some time this morning watching You Tube, specifically the Last Lecture of Randy Pausch, a Carnegie Mellon Professor who has pancreatic cancer. He talked alot about having fun and really made me rethink the mask I wear about "fun." I'm not sure what my next step is but I'm definitely thinking about becoming more like Tigger and less like Eeyore!

1 comment:

Deb Geyer said...

I wish it were easy- being more like Tigger and less like Eeyore. I could use some of that too!