Sunday, April 06, 2008

There's no place like home

I love my bed. It was nice to return to it last night and get a good nights sleep. The bed at the hotel was nice enough but I sleep better at home.

Although I took knitting with me, I didn't have a chance to knit. I did, however, shop. I bought some new yarn for socks while I was in Ashland, Meilenweit Mega Boot Stretch, very soft and it has a very subtle striping (here.) I also found some more bamboo wool.


Menu Week 15 -
Sat: Dinner on the road
Sun: Hot dogs and salad
Mon: Chipotle Chicken soup
Tue: Moroccan Meatloaf
Wed: Leftovers
Thu: Shrimp and Artichoke pasta
Fri: Pizza

I had planned the pasta dish for week 14 but we never got around to it. Luckily, the ingredients store well.

Living consciously...

An alarming simple practice today, an affirmation: I know what is best for me and I will see that I get it. But it comes with a catch, Hendricks warns of a practice of mission and goal-setting (that he borrowed from the corporate world) that will begin soon and run throughout the year.

Great. I'm already a goal-setting, to-do list making junkie. When I read the affirmation I thought 'damn right' and now I'm hopeful that this will be living consciously with attitude.

3 comments:

jenclair said...

I'm about 1/2 way through The Mindful Woman by Sue Patton Thoele. I'm having the most difficulty with "taming the monkey mind." Most of her exercises begin with breathing - after 8 years with Tai Chi (and 6 weeks with Yoga), I know the benefit of breath, but associating it with each exercise helps.

I'm a to-do list junkie, too. Looking forward to the mission and goal-setting from you and Hendricks.

Kay said...

"Living consciously with attitude" Love it!

金瓜米粉Jason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.