Thursday, April 17, 2008

Weekly Collage

wk16-08

One more week with 'authenticity' as my monthly theme. The synchronicity of this theme this month with all the reading I've been doing has me experiencing a unsteady peace. This weekly was inspired by the following quote from Tolle's A New Earth: Time is the horizontal dimension of life, the surface of reality. Then there is a vertical dimension of depth, accessible to you only through the portal of the present moment.



Living consciously...

For practice today, Hendricks recommends: I commit to accepting all my feelings, and to speak about them authentically with people I meet.

Six months ago I would responded to this by saying something like "Sure, I can be honest..." but now, how I view this feels different. Trying to be present and aware of my feelings is certainly the first step - accepting them comes next. I'm not sure if it is necessary to give voice and a back story to them especially when the content of what I feel is often wrapped up in ego.

Actually, the above practice works better for me if I take the "about them" out of it.

No comments: