Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Apr TIFC - Day Five



I had estimated six hours to finish the April TIFC but I'm thinking it will be closer to ten. It took almost three hour getting the tessellating arrows pieced in. Tomorrow I should be able to get the letters in place and begin quilting.


Living consciously...

I'm still thinking about yesterday's full development while today's practice is to commit to the full empowerment of people around me. Clearly have to do the self work first -- a developed, empowered, and autonomous individual has a much better chance of successfully empowering people around them.

I do struggle to quiet the cynic in me that is whispering "lead, follow, or get out of the way" and "you can lead a horse to water but..." I feel my role in empowering others is to make sure I don't put any strings on them. I don't need to get tangled up in someone else's journey. I want good relationships with others and my hope is that "my stuff" doesn't get in the way of another's own full development. (If I can successfully do this at home with my own spouse, then the rest of the world is a piece of cake!)


1 comment:

jenclair said...

Isn't it amazing how many hours go into even small pieces? Sometimes I try to keep track, but often I find it is discouraging to see how long I've spent on one thing.

On the other hand, these hours are usually pleasant hours, and I enjoy the process. The funny thing is that I usually dismiss the product as soon as it is done; the process is the pleasure.