Monday, May 05, 2008

Cinco de Mayo



This Cinco de Mayo stamp was issued by the US Postal Service in 1998. They printed 32 million stamps. I was a little curious about finding out who the artist was that designed the stamp. As usual I spent too much searching - using Google. I finally ended up at the USPS site. Why didn't I start there? Obviously had a brain malfunction. But nevertheless, I did discover that Carl T. Herrman designed the stamp.



Living consciously...

What we think, that we become. - Ghandi

I would have thought that answering What matters most to me in my life? would be a difficult exercise. Oddly, once I separate out what I do from who I am makes the answer simpler and but maybe a little more difficult to express. What I do, the various roles and activities I perform are important. I love and value my family and friends. I even like my stuff and I want a better world for myself and the future generations. I want to continue to move in the direction of better living but I can only do it one step at a time. I think what matters most is that I'm a keen observer of my own experiences and that I make the best of the each moment I have.

1 comment:

Donna said...

love your short reflections on living consciously... you've made me think this morning and helped clarify one way of getting to what matters most to me in my life.... thanks