Monday, May 26, 2008

Two days of rest

I celebrated my birth date yesterday spending time with husband and youngest daughter. (The older daughter had planned to visit but her boyfriend wasn't feeling well.) We watched the Yankee game.

I bought myself a couple of books: Quantum Wellness and Art Quilt Workbook.

I think the best thing I've done for myself over these last two days has been to rest. Good thing 'cause I got lots to do this coming week!

Living consciously...

The intention beneath your listening is the real issue -
and today's focus is on being aware on how intentions shift depending on the situation. Notice, when you're "listening to criticize" versus "listening to support."

This one caught me off guard. I'm trying to be more aware of my intentions, primarily in terms of what it means with my actions. I had not really thought about my listening intentions. It seems like such a subtle thing but even if I just think back to the last two interactions with my husband and daughter I can see how the situation would have been different if I had been listening with a different intention.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday - perfect!

Kay said...

I guess Happy Unbirthday is the correct wish for this.

Just wanted to tell you that I've become so interested in your Living consciously summaries that I ordered the book. I presume you can start anytime even if January is really June.