Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cleaning

I looked at my calendar this morning and the studio was on the list for a deep clean. I remembered skipping the deep clean in April so I knew I should take the time and get it done today. I got sidetracked several times so this will turn into a two day activity.

I found some YouTube videos I'll want to spent more time looking at later:
How to do a Beeswax Collage - Mixed Media Mermaid Art (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.)
Encaustic wax painting - mono print including transfer to fabric (here)
Playing with crayons - this would be fun! (here)
Crayons and watercolor (here)


Living consciously...

The practice: Take a close look today at your defensive patterns.

I find that when I start to get defense I just try to visualize a game of tug-of-war and I put down my end of the rope. If that doesn't work... I put myself in a timeout. My favorite part of the reading was a quotation from Sally Kempton "It's hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your own head."

No comments: