Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Weekly Collage

wk 27-08

I haven't named the weekly pieces all year (at least I don't think so) but the whole time I was working on this I kept thinking "Three-Part." It's not particularly original but as the machine was whirling I couldn't help but think of three-part harmony. I then got really distracted and kept thinking of the Andrews Sister singing Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. Before long, I found myself at the computer rediscovering The Puppini Sisters. I heard of them last year on NPR's Morning Edition (listen to the interview here.) They sing Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy on the following YouTube...




Living consciously...

Today's practice: Take yourself back to the moment of your birth...

I'm having a déjà vu moment - NOT of my birth but of Hendricks already recommending this practice. I don't think as an infant I was aware of all the hope and possibilities 'out there' and I sure it took some time to develop a directed curiosity. But, I do want to continue to be curious and excited about my world... without crawling back into the womb!

1 comment:

jenclair said...

The movement in the fabric stripes is rhythmic and the little triangles in the pink portion put me in mind of tracking a beat. Three-Part suits it well.