Friday, August 15, 2008

Hours and hours




Really. This was hours of work. I worked my way through the browns and started on some of the hand-dyed fabrics. At times I felt like I must be a bit mad but I know when this is done I'll feel so good. I've put off taking care of the scraps and fabric storage for years and even though I still have many more hours of work to go, I can visualize what it will look like and that keeps me motivated.

Living consciously...

Hendricks writes "When does behavior stop being about personal style and start being about irresponsibility?" and then closes the reading with "For today, let's focus on accepting your partner fully, recognizing that she or he is human, after all, and though undoubtedly less perfect than you, perhaps not so bad after all."

Well, I got a good chuckle out of that.

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I did this to my stash about a year ago. Surprisingly, it is still in this state even after using it. It just makes it so much easier to find fabric. I really should do this to the FQs.

Donna said...

you inspired me to fold my stash... A couple of movies later I'm sooooo happy! Didn't find anything too surprising in the piles, but I did realize how many smaller peices I own!

Kim said...

paula - I put this off for so long and am thrilled at having it organized. I'm anticipating that I will maintain the order... fits right into my life-after-fifty-every-thing-in-it's-place ever growing OCD mania.

donna - I really underestimates how many FQ's size pieces I had and I'm glad I had the drawers. I'm really looking forward to starting a new project and seeing if my new "system" aids me...