Friday, August 01, 2008

July TIFC - Day Five





I'm still thinking about adding a few more quilting stitches before I declare this done. I'm pleased with the way the lettering worked - not too bold yet visible. I'm happy with the how the moon and stars stand out. The grid is in place but I may make the lines stronger.





Now I need to work out the charms and what other embellishments might go into the first 56 squares. I found a yellow VW for my first car, a flamingo for High School graduation, a pacifier(s) to represent birth of child(ren), a skunk for a pet I had in my 20's - Pilau Lani, a moon for my trip to Haifa, a violin for when I started playing, etc, etc...






Living consciously...

The practice for the day is to change your "worry thoughts" into "wonder questions."

I am not the 'worrier' that I use to be. I tend to shift between que sera sera and this too will pass. My wonder questions seem to bounce between how to manage the household so that we have more time for leisure and how I do I make time for creativity and where will I find the inspiration.

3 comments:

jenclair said...

I'm so loving this! The words do stand out, but the moon and stars take precedence. Can't wait for the charms to be applied!

Deb Geyer said...

I love it too. I admire your sense of design.

Kim said...

jen - Thanks. I was just tickled when the moon and stars 'popped' out and I think they'll continue to hold their own after the charms get added.

deb - Thanks! I certainly rely on my intuition but I've always wanted to have a more disciplined approach to design. I guess with 44 more years to go I could start working on that!!