Sunday, August 10, 2008

Slow work



While I watch a little Olympics, I sewed a few more 'crumbs' together this afternoon and that's about it. It's more work than I thought and I'm covered with micro-crumbs and thread.

Hope to return to normal tomorrow.

Living consciously...

Looking at the third stage of grief, bargaining is your attempt to regain a sense of control over the universe. For practice: reflect on any bargains that you made during a time of loss.

I've never thought I had any control of the universe.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I really love the look of those all together! How wide are the strips? Are you using a foundation?

Donna said...

isn't it amazing the microcrumbs and threads! I understand why my grandmother used to wear a quilting apron over her dress whenever she sat down to sew...

I love how you're making the crumbs in colour themes... they're wonderfully scrappy with a sense of order :-)

Kim said...

vicki - They do look good together - even the too ugly or too bold seem to work. I'm building them on strip of paper that average about 1.5 inches. I'm not looking forward to removing the paper but it will be a good Olympic viewing activity.

donna - I feel a little like Pigpen from the Peanuts comic strips... a cloud of crumbs and threads following me around. A sewing apron might be a good idea.

I do like the order! I may try some squares if I don't get burned out.