Sunday, August 17, 2008

Stash Storage Marathon






I am awarding myself a Gold Medal in my stash storage marathon. I am very pleased with the results. I did end up using all four drawers and I still have room for about twenty more three-inch-folds of fabric.




The shelves are looking good also. I've got the cool and warm colors on the lowest shelf. The stacks are easy to manage with the six-inch-folds and slide in and out with no problem. I have lots of room which is good because I have more fabric that is stash away shelves behind sliding doors.











At some point I'll add these to the open shelf stash and since most of them are large pieces of fabric it shouldn't take too long.




Living consciously...

The practice today was to think about preparing yourself for the next time you are a target of hostility by reflecting on how the other person may be feeling, what experiences might cause the hostility, and how you might behave if you had had the same experiences.

I might be tempting to try an exercise like this when it involves someone I know but if I encounter someone going crazy hostile on me for no apparent reason my first impulse is going to be to get far away from them. I don't want to be the target of someone's violence.


3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I see some empty space - do you need to shop for more?

Suzanne Earley said...

now that you are done, would you like to come help me with my stash issues? lol

looks good!

Kim said...

vicki - Need? Nope. Although I was tempted when I was at the fabric store the other day. That empty space will fill up just as soon as pull out the rest of the fabric that stuffed in the cabinet and under the cutting table.

suzanne - Ha! Now that I know how much work it was, my hourly rate would be astronomical!!! (and thanks!)