Thursday, October 09, 2008

Get along little doggy

A couple of hours ago I snapped a picture with my cell phone and sent it off to Blogger. I suppose it will show up sometime.

We are seeing 'The Comedy of Errors' tonight on the Elizabethan Stage, OSF's outdoor theatre. We are dressing for the cool weather (40's maybe) and keeping our fingers crossed in hopes that it doesn't rain. Tonight's adaptation of the play is set in the Wild West of America in the late 19th and early 20th century. To add to this madcap romp they've thrown in a few songs... Happy trails to you, until we meet again! Yippee

Living consciously...

In the reading a brief discussion of soul-mates and the practice asks you to reflect on sadness in your life. It took me a few moments to build that bridge to 'somewhere' but I suppose, for me, how I connect with others - the hopes and dreams we share - is part of the soul connections I feel. And sometimes the root of my sadness comes when unrealized or unfulfilled hopes and dreams occur, potential is forfeited and we "settled" for less than we are capable of. I don't want to wallow in sadness but I don't want to ignore the feeling either.

No comments: