Friday, October 10, 2008

Home again, home again

I tried to sketch at the cafe this morning before we ate breakfast. My ink pen was failing and it was hard to sketch in such a large journal at a small table (almost as bad as trying to sketch in the car later in the day!) We are home safe and sound although my body still feels like it is driving - hopefully it won't interfere with my sleep tonight in (yes!) my bed.

We saw a matinee before we left Ashland - 'Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner' - I must confess I'm still uncertain how I felt about it. I found an review in The New York Times (The Inexplicable Likeness of Obesity) which talks about the free association/loose ends feeling I had at the end of the play.








Living consciously...

I have rather low energy for dealing with the practice today. I knew I was in trouble when I read the opening sentence: "With complete honesty, examine the role(s) you most often take in conflict..."

I may not have all seventeen passive-aggressive roles that George Bach identified but I do recognize the need to channel my energy toward healthy aggression. These days I mostly dance between being as direct as I can and accepting "what is" with an occasional yelling tantrum and self-imposed time out.

No comments: