Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chill in the air

Slow day. The weather has definitely taken a turn to colder temperatures and my body has decided that it can't warm up. No matter what pair of socks I put on my feet still feel cold and last night we turn on heat for the first time this fall. It's time to start making soup and I found a couple of new recipes I want to try.

  1. From SimplyRecipes - Butternut Squash Apple Soup
  2. and Kale and Roasted Vegetable Soup
  3. from Nami-Nami - Spicy Red Lentil Soup





Living consciously...

For practice: ...take note of your fear and what triggers it.

I like the quote that Hendricks shared in the reading - "Fear is excitement without the breath." (Fritz Perls) I felt that several times driving home yesterday as a truck would swerve or some car would cut us off. It took a few breaths to feel better. My "other" fears just aren't as active as they were when I was younger. I know who I am, I have strengths and weaknesses, I stumble and get up, I have insight and I can make a fool of myself... I enjoy the excitement in life and I guess, through the years (after much trial and error) I've learned how to breathe. Thank goodness!

No comments: