Monday, November 03, 2008

November TIFC - Day One



I'm just beginning to think about the November TIFC. So, of course, I played around with Wordle a little this evening. (the images above and below are from http://www.wordle.net)

I was reading T.S. Eliots The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock. Eliot uses a quotation from Dante's Inferno to begin the poem--

S`io credesse che mia risposta fosse
A persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
Questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma perciocchè giammai di questo fondo
Non tornò vivo alcun, s'i'odo il vero,
Senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

"If I thought my answer were given
to anyone who would ever return to the world,
this flame would stand still without moving any further.
But since never from this abyss
has anyone ever returned alive, if what I hear is true,
without fear of infamy I answer you."



The very first votes are in -- Dixville Notch NH has voted: Obama 15 and McCain 6

Living consciously...

Today's practice: Think about something you do to keep others at a distance...Zero in on one behavior that is symptomatic of your distancing needs, and let go of it today.

I like my personal space, tend to be private, and try to be both accountable and responsible. In general, I don't ask for help from other. It's not a facade and not at odds with my ability to just be me. But when I need to, I'm not timid about seeking help from others. I do think sometimes that my independent nature may create a perception that I don't need 'help' from others. The two key behavior activities I'm trying to continue to work on are: learning to more proactively help others and; remembering to express my gratitude when I do get help.

1 comment:

jenclair said...

Eliot returned to Dante frequently. It was through Eliot that my interest in Dante first originated. I like the effect of the second Wordle.