Tuesday, November 04, 2008

More socks



Socks are finished! I love this pattern. I'll be making more.

I spent too long trying to find the name of the artist who created the life-sized sculpture of a man crouched over a bronze cloth on which the following poem by Keats is inscribed. Failed. Great poem, beautiful sculpture.

Aedh Wishes for the Clothes of Heaven
by William Butler Yeats

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.


Living consciously...

"You cannot save the integrity of the planet on which you live if you cannot even save yourself." -- I liked this line from the reading today but/and I'm also in favor of working on both at the same time. I appreciate that I'm a part of a greater whole and for practice Hendricks suggests: Feel the connectedness between you and your world, our world. Know that every breath , every action, has some lasting effect on the world. Tread gently.


No comments: