Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Weekly Collage

wk 48-08

I was thinking about "acceptance" and trying to figure out how I might approach the collage for this week. While I was drawing in my journal, I was thinking how the Take it Further Challenge this month on Typography was creeping into many of the things I've been working on. Before I knew it I was daydreaming about Dali and Magritte, which led me to the computer to find information on veristic surrealism. Another turn and Jung's Universal Unconscious was being stitched onto a piece of fabric...


I doing some pre-Thanksgiving cooking today. I've been known to make three or four different cranberry dishes - sauces, chutneys, compotes, relishes. This year I'm making one simple dish: Cranberry-Orange sauce. I did chuckle when I saw that the cooking level was "Difficult" - must be an error! I did spend a little extra time making sure the cranberries were extra fresh by bouncing them as I rinsed them.


Living consciously...

For practice: Sit for ten minutes today, doing nothing.

Easier said than done. Really doing nothing takes effort!

1 comment:

jenclair said...

Wonderful journey for this week's collage!

And I agree, doing nothing for 10 minutes is hard. I meditate for 30 minutes twice a day (sometimes!), but I think of it as doing something as it requires effort. Not like just sitting and waiting for time to pass...