Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wounded...




...and not, I repeat, NOT happy!

I finished the first 'padded footlet' this morning by grafting the toe while I listen to Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli. They continued to play while I worked my morning crossword puzzle (Raëlian? news to me, it's also a religion: Raëlism.) Played the piano for a few minutes before I starting racing through the house doing regular morning chores. Felt good about my time and was about to head off to the studio when I decided to wipe down the kitchen counter. That's when the ring finger on my right hand discovered a sharp piece of metal just under the front of the microwave. It will be okay but it still hurts and has detoured my plans for the day.

I decided to "do" the journal with my left hand, it was comical. I had low expectation for my left hand but the hard part (and the comedy) was working and trying to draw/steady the journal with my right hand resting on the top of my head.

Living consciously...

The practice: Take a deep breath and commit yourself to live fully this moment, this day.

Right. Did I mention I was NOT happy? Fine, living this moment!

2 comments:

jenclair said...

Sorry about the injury and the waylayed plans! You draw better with your left hand than I do with my right!

Vicki W said...

Ouch! I hope you hand heals quickly!