Thursday, February 26, 2009

Weekly Collage

wk 07-09

I'm continuing to plod through February but getting really bored with every blog title post being "Weekly Collage"--a constant reminder that I'm not doing anything else in the studio!

I've added the Tagalog word alam (knowledge and good judgment based on experience) along with ngayon (now) for this collage. I'm happy with this little piece and it reflects where I'm trying to be these day - knowledge now, both inside and outside the box...


Creative every day: 57 of 365 done!



Now what?

My mind thinks it knows what I'm going to do for the last two weekly collages for February but I am so tempted to start looking at the Bengali script that I'll be explore in March, must stay focused.

For now: Acorn squash is in the oven and I need to figure out what else to serve with it. Not feeling very inspired, is there a Kitchen Muse?

5 comments:

Alis Clair said...

I think we all have times when we don't work too well.
You are creating and your work is beautiful as always, so don't be so hard on yourself.

Sandra said...

This one is very striking! I love the positive/negative spaces in it.

jenclair said...

The way you "lifted" the script from the block is intriguing and makes you look at the piece in almost a visual illusion frame. Love the blue and black- the blue almost glows.

Debra Dixon said...

I like this piece a lot too--good example of positive and negative spaces.

Anonymous said...

I like this piece a lot. Very inventive. Maybe it's the colors...it's stunning.