Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weekly Collage

wk15-09

I promised myself that I would go into the studio and "do" a weekly. I decided to return to the theme I had started at the beginning of the year. (And it will probably take me to the end of the year to get caught up!) The word floating in the middle of this piece is Hebrew for baker. The stamp is an image of my daughter. The fabric scraps are from the apron I just finished for her. She loves to bake - muffins and cookies... unsuccessfully tried to find the Hebrew for 'muffin', maybe next time.

Rambling on...


Since reading The Vigorous Mind, I'm more aware of how I spend my time. I do a number of things every day, for twenty minutes: piano, violin, sudoku, crossword, read for pleasure, read for knowledge, etc. (some things, like the treadmill get two twenty minute blocks of time.) Most days run smoothly, the order suits me and I've noticed improvement especially with the piano and violin - who'd of thunk that by practicing everyday ya might get a little better?!?! Other days I'm frantic trying to check everything off the list... like today, hope I get to the violin before my husband goes to bed!

I've started to get back to reading some blogs to see what everyone has been up doing. I set my timer for twenty minutes and race through Google Reader. At some point, I'm going to figure out how to make some time for commenting without spending too much time at the computer. I've also been playing around a little with Twitter. My tweets shows up on my Blog and Facebook as well. Ugh, everything takes time.

No comments: