Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'd like a teal Ikran, please.

I read Naomi Wolf's Avatar and Empire a few days ago and decided it was time to go and see the movie. We did that tonight. I enjoyed it. I found that when it made me a little tense my impulse was to take off the 3D glasses and then it took me a few seconds to figure out that that was why the screen was then out of focus. "...the power of American filmmaking... directed toward American self-knowledge..." I hope that's true but escapism is a hard addiction to fight.


Yep, January is done and the year just started.

Looking ahead...

February begins tomorrow and I'm busy trying to figure out how I'm going to get everything done. I seem to have a rhythm with my daily things - photo, doodle, music, etc. but my big blocks of time in the studio have not been well structured. I'm hoping to change that this month. To begin with I'm starting on these things:



  • Interpret This!  -  The photograph that we'll be interpreting will be available in the morning and I'm planning to get started first thing. I'm going to continue working with my journal and try to understand my design process. 
  • Weeklies - Four this month, the theme is "Laugh" (could be fun!?!)
  • Knitting - The Olympics start on the Feb 12th and I'm doing my own Knitting Olympics MMX. 
  • Quilted Xmas gift - starting early, hopefully get at least one done in Feb.
  • 60th Wedding gift - this needs to be done by June. 



1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

I so love your calendars. What did you do with the previous one?

I am also glad you are back blogging & I really enjoyed looking through your flickr album yesterday. You are really quite prolific & good!